Cheap flights from Mumbai to Shanghai
Top last minute flight dealsFeeling spontaneous? It’s never too late to book a trip. Here’s our pick of the best last minute flights to Shanghai...
- Mon 8 JunBOMPVGSpiceJetIndirectOne way from ₹ 23,636
- Sun 14 JunBOMPVGGoAirIndirectOne way from ₹ 24,386
- Mon 15 JunBOMPVGGoAirIndirectOne way from ₹ 25,343
Flight information Mumbai to Shanghai
Cheapest return price last month
Average flight time, total distance 5047 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Shanghai Pu Dong, Shanghai Hongqiao and Changhai
Frequently asked questions
How to compare and get the best flights from Mumbai to Shanghai?
Now easily fly from Mumbai to Shanghai with Skyscanner!
- Skyscanner's bar chart webpage displays the lowest prices of flight tickets from Mumbai to Shanghai for each month and each date of specific months, when you hover the mouse pointer over the bars. Select travel months and dates from the calendar page and book cheap flights from Mumbai to Shanghai easily.
- Skyscanner's mobile app displays the prices of cheap flights from Mumbai to Shanghai when one enters the destinations in the 'Explore' tab of the app. Choose specific dates for prices of flights on those dates.
- Subscribe to Skyscanner's price alert facility and stay updated with the prices of flights from Mumbai to Shanghai
What you need to know before flying from Mumbai to Shanghai?
Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (BOM)
Western Express Highway, Sahar, Andheri East, Mumbai - 400 099, India
Shanghai Pu Dong International Airport (PVG)
Shanghai, People's Republic of China
Shanghai Honqiao International Airport (SHA)
Shanghai, People's Republic of China
Getting to Mumbai airport
- Mumbai's Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport is located off the Western Express Highway in Santacruz/Vile Parle/Andheri.
- Travel options from the city to the airport include rickshaws (from the northern suburbs), app-based/prepaid/metered taxis, and private cars.
- Travel tip: Check Google Maps for traffic since delays can occur.
Travelling from Shanghai airports
- Location of Shanghai airports with respect to the city centre – Pudong 45 km east and Hongqiao Airport 19 km west.
- Travel options from the airports to the city include trains from Pudong, the metro from Hongqiao and Pudong both, long distance coaches, buses, and taxis.
- One can also rent cars – click here and here.
Facilities at Mumbai and Shanghai airports
- Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport has 45 minutes of complimentary Wi-Fi, lounges, showers and spa, forex and currency exchange options, duty-free shopping spaces, 24-hour eating and drinking options including restaurants, cafés, and bars, banking services and ATMs, etc.
- Shanghai's Pudong and Hongqiao airports have shopping spaces, dining spaces, business centres, child care services and rooms, lounges, currency exchange services, restaurants, coffee shops and bars, free Wi-Fi access, etc.
Tips on how to make the best out of your flight journey from Mumbai to Shanghai
The average flying time from Mumbai to Shanghai is 9hr 40min+ via connecting flights. Here is a first-time visitor's guide to amazing China.
Time difference for Mumbai and Shanghai
Shanghai, China is 2h 30min ahead of Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Weather in Shanghai
Shanghai is best visited between September and November when the temperatures stay between 4 and 15 degrees Celsius, the rains have receded and climate is pleasant.
1 Chinese Yuan (CNY) equals 10.03 Indian Rupees (INR). Click here for the latest exchange rates.
Cost of living in Shanghai
Travel costs in Shanghai – Airport rides from Pudong cost CNY 160-200 (taxi), CNY 50 (Maglev train), CNY 8 (metro) and CNY 4-7 (bus) and from Hongqiao it costs CNY 70-80 (taxi), while 3 km rides in the city cost CNY 1-2 (bus), CNY 3-9 (metro) and CNY 17-25 (taxi). Cheap meals in the city cost anywhere between CNY 12 and 60, while beverages cost CNY 20-30 (a pint of beer) and CNY 4-6 (bottled water).
Mode of payments accepted in Shanghai
If one shops at local street markets, or travels in local transport or eats street food, cash in Renminbi is required. While cards are accepted, charges and fees could be substantial.
Best places for your first meal in Shanghai
Don't miss some of Shanghai's favourite food items like Yangchuan Noodles, Sheng Jian Bao, Cong You Bing, Steamed Crab, Steamed Buns, Xiao Long Bao, Shansi Leng Mian, Pepper Duck, and the like. Areas around the Huangpu River in the Huangpu district, Wujiang Road, and Chenghuangmiao Old Street have some of the best food in the city.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.